Are you thinking about or already pursuing one of these associate degrees/certificates at Whatcom — Early Childhood Education, Massage Practitioner, Physical Therapist Assistant, Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing & Coding, Medical Front Office?
If so, you may be eligible for the Opportunity Grant, a scholarship that available to financially need-based students pursuing approved certificates and degrees at Whatcom Community College.The purpose of this scholarship is aimed at assisting individuals successfully achieve high-demand, high-wage careers.
Opportunity Grant at WCC is offering a special opportunity for applicants to get help filling out the scholarship application and to have all your questions answered by our Opportunity Grant Scholarship Coordinator.
Wednesday September 18th 9-1 and 2-4
Entry & Advising Office in Laidlaw Center, room 116
Please ask to see Kelly Bashaw. Don’t miss this great opportunity! Can’t make it on the 18th? You can still be considered. Contact us at 360.383.3083.
What will this scholarship cover?
Eligible students may receive funds to cover tuition and mandatory fees up to 45 credits, and up to $1,000 per academic year for books and supplies, and some possible emergency funding assistance.
Student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Complete a formal application to the program (Paper or Online Application)
- Be a Washington State Resident
- Enrolled in or working towards admission into Opportunity Grant eligible program of study
- Financial need based on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid:http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
- Have family income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty levels
- Have a minimum 2.0 Cumulative GPA
Priority to serve:
- Students with no prior college degree or certificates
- First generation students (you are the first in your family to attend college)
- Students from underrepresented populations