Fall Quarter 2013 Student Emergency Fund
The application process begins Tuesday October 29 and closes Tuesday November 5. Emergency Funding is limited to a maximum of two lifetime awards and requests for transportation assistance will be limited to a one time award. Due to limited funds, applications for first time awards are given top priority. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for any questions at email@example.com.
…but if you do not understand this cartoon you should probably take Math&146:Statistics or IDS113: Quantitative Methods in Social Science.
Thanks to ASAPScience for the image
The Western Washington University Major’s Fair is on campus this Wednesday October 30th from 11:00-1:00 in Syre Student Center
To get you prepared, we have built an interactive presentation to help you learn more. Just Click on the image below. (best viewed in full screen mode)For more information about transferring to Western Washington University:
And come in to Entry and Advising LDC 116 and make an appointment to meet with a transfer advisor.
“Wait!? You mean I can earn credits and travel to Costa Rica, South Africa, or Australia/New Zealand?”
: Absolutely, but you might want to attend one of the Study Abroad Information Sessions
- Mondays: 10/28, 11/04, 12/02 in LDC 125 from 3:30pm – 4:30pm
- Tuesdays: 10/22, 11/12, 12/10 in CAS 110 from 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Program Application Deadlines:
- Costa Rica (Summer/Fall): June 17, 2013;
- Cape Town/South Africa (Fall) June 18, 2013;
- Australia/New Zealand (Winter 2014): Oct. 24, 2013
Minimum application requirements for study abroad programs include:
- At least 17 years of age (18 years of age for some programs)
- Completion of at least 10 college-level credits
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5
The College Success Foundation’s Governor’s Scholarship Application is now open! The online application can be completed on the CSF website, and must be submitted by Monday December 16, 2013.
Get hooked on CollegeFish and come help us celebrate Ike the Fish’s birthday! Be on the lookout for orange fish hidden around campus on Wednesday, October 23rd
Create an account or log onto CollegeFish.org to create your own transfer success plan, research various 4-year schools and access over 37 million dollars in scholarship opportunities.
This Friday, October 18th, all advising professionals will be attending our quarterly advisor training so we can become better, stronger, faster, leaner!
There is a lot to stay on top of which means we will be unavailable to meet with you Friday. The doors will be closed, but we have Work Study students standing by to answer the phones.
If you have questions, come see us early, or call 360.383.3080.
Thinking about transferring to a 4-year college? Interested in studying in Alaska? A representative from the University of Alaska Fairbanks will be at Whatcom Community College on
Friday, October 25th from 11:00 am-1:00pm in the Laidlaw Center foyer.
Come get your questions answered, and learn about UAA’s programs!
The Nursing program has revised application requirements and scoring. Effective Fall 2014 (and applications due Spring 2014),
- ALL prerequisite classes must have a grade of 3.0 (‘B’) or higher. This is an increase from the current requirement of 2.7 (‘B-‘)
- Applications will be granted an additional 0.25 points for a prior degree or for any military veteran with an honorable discharge. This is an ‘either / or’ score, not cumulative. I.e. – someone with a prior degree and an honorable discharge, may be granted 0.25 points.
- Personal statements will continue to be given a score between 0 and 20, and then used as a tiebreaker, when needed.
- The seven prerequiste classes have not changed.
If a student intends to apply in Spring of 2014 to start the Nursing program in the Fall of 2014, prerequisite classes with a grade below 3.0, must be taken during Fall or Winter quarters.
Please contact Entry & Advising to discuss your unique situation.