Applications are now being accepted for the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS)! WSOS supports low and middle-income students who are pursuing an eligible high-demand major in STEM or health care. Apply online by March 2, 2015!
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Washington state resident (as defined in RCW 28B.15.012)
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED from a Washington State high school or institution by June 2015.
- Must be pursuing an eligible high-demand major (by alphabet; by category) in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care.
- Must be working toward a first bachelor’s degree, (i.e. four-year degree).
- Must be enrolling in an eligible Washington state college or university fall term 2015.
- Must be a high school senior, or a college freshman or sophomore at the time of application.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) through fall quarter or semester 2014 of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must submit the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov by Monday, March 9, 2015.
- Must apply for Federal Education tax credits if eligible.
- Must have a family income (adjusted gross income plus all untaxed income) less than the amount listed by family size on this chart. (Note: Unless you qualified to submit the FAFSA as an independent student, the family income amounts are those reported by your parent(s) on your 2015-16 FAFSA).
Over 700 new scholarships will be awarded for 2015-2016. For full eligibility criteria and scholarship information click here.
For more information on this scholarship process and others, be sure to attend Whatcom’s Scholarship Workshop on February 2nd from 5:30pm to 7:30pm in Heiner 209. RSVP today as space is limited to 150 attendees!