There are two scholarship opportunities available to outstanding students at Whatcom Community College. The deadline for both applications is Monday Oct. 26th so apply or nominate now!
Students: Apply now for the 2015 All-USA Community College Academic Team and scholarship, presented by Phi Theta Kappa and sponsored by Follett Higher Education Group. Pick up application forms in Student Life, Syre Student Center 208.
Contact Laura Singletary at email@example.com for more information.
- GPA 3.50 GPA or higher through the fall 2015
- Completion of 48 quarter college-level credits by Dec. 31, 2015
- Record at your community college free from suspension, probation or other serious disciplinary action
- Applicant has temporary or permanent U.S. residency, or are attending college on an appropriate visa
Faculty and staff: Please consider nominating a student for the ACT Transforming Lives Award who has overcome significant obstacles in his or her pursuit of a better life. Download the nomination form here.
Contact Laurie Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.383.3225 for more information.
- Current or former student who has completed or made significant progress toward completing a degree or certificate
- Overcome significant barriers to achieve higher education goals
- Experiences demonstrate how Washington State community and technical colleges help transform lives through education and support
- The nominee must share a compelling story in written format (maximum 500 words) about overcoming barriers to achieve higher education goals
Apply or nominate before October 26th!