I hope you enjoyed Part I of this special Mythbusters- Financial Aid Edition posting. Now you can continue to test your knowledge by completing part II of the true/false quiz. Be aware that now is the time to apply for financial aid for the 2018-17 school year and applications are still being accepted for the current school year. Visit the Financial Aid webpage for more information or stop by their office in LDC 135. And now, here’s the rest of the quiz.
True or False?
1. Financial aid awards vary in amount from individual to individual.
2. You should make use of financial aid money any way you like.
3. The Pell grant award can’t go on forever.
4. My financial aid award at WCC won’t follow me after I transfer.
There’s a lot of misconceptions and misinformation about financial aid so in this post, we’re going to bust the most common myths. Now is the time to apply for financial aid for the 2018-19 school year but applications for the current school year are still being accepted. Test your financial aid knowledge by completing the true/false quiz. Scroll down for the answers. Look for Part II of Mythbusters- The Financial Aid Edition next week.
True or False?
- You must be a full-time student to receive financial aid.
- You need to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Late applications will still be accepted.
- Once your FAFSA’s filled out, you’re done.
- You can’t fill out the FAFSA if you haven’t completed your most recent tax return.
Click here for answers!
Monday July 11th is the 40% refund deadline for summer quarter classes. Withdraw by this date in order to receive 40% of your tuition back! Contact Entry and Advising in Laidlaw 116, or by calling 360.383.3080 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Remember that withdrawing can impact your financial aid, academic standing and more. Before dropping classes be sure to check with an advisor or financial aid representative!
Thursday June 30th marks the 100% tuition refund deadline for summer quarter. Withdraw from your class(es) by this day and you will receive 100% of your tuition back!
You can withdraw online via your MyWCC portal or in person at the registration office! Remember that withdrawing from classes my impact your financial aid. Check with an advisor or the financial aid office for more information.
Have any questions about your schedule or academic plan? Do you need to speak with an advisor? To schedule an appointment, call Entry & Advising at (360) 383-3080.
Heads up! Know your summer quarter tuition deadlines so you aren’t dropped from your classes!
If you registered early for summer quarter (before June 20th), tuition is due Monday 6/20.
If you registered between June 20th and June 26th, tuition is due Monday 6/27.
If you register on or after Monday June 27th, your tuition is due the same day as registration.
Is your academic plan up-to-date? Have any questions about your schedule? Call Entry & Advising at 360.383.3080 to schedule an appointment with an advisor and stay on track to graduation!
The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program is now open for application! This scholarship is specifically for Washington state community college students who are transferring to the University of Washington. Students who have achieved academic excellence and plan to complete their degree at UW Seattle Campus are encouraged to apply.
- “Applicants must be Washington State residents who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are currently attending or have attended a community college in the state of Washington.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a Washington State community college by the time they matriculate at the University of Washington. Students who hold an associates degree are encouraged to apply.
- Washington State community college transfer students who are currently enrolled at the University of Washington may not have earned more than 18 UW credits by the application deadline of Thursday, July 7, 2016.
- The award will depend on successful admission to the University of Washington as a matriculated student.
- The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant’s gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.”
For complete scholarship information and application, click here.
Submit your application by the deadline on Thursday July 7, 2016!
Heads-up! Spring quarter 40% refund deadline is approaching! You must withdraw from your class by Monday April 25th in order to receive 40% of your tuition back. This deadline applies to both WAOL and WCC spring quarter classes.
Call Entry & Advising at 360.383.3080 to schedule an appointment with an advisor, as withdrawing may impact your financial aid and your academic plan.
The spring application cycle for the Washington Women in Need Education Grant is open!
Washington Women in Need (WWIN) is a nonprofit organization that provides education and health care grants to low-income women in Washington State to help them improve their lives.
WWIN makes grants to determined women who are looking to build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities for generations to come. This summer, we will make 50-60 Education Grants to women from across Washington. Grantees will receive up to $5,000 over a one-year period, which can be used for tuition, mandatory fees, and required books and supplies. Applicants must meet WWIN’s eligibility criteria to be considered.
Prospective applicants should visit the WWIN website for additional information and to submit an application. The application deadline is 11:59 pm on Saturday, April 30.
Monday April 11th marks the 100% tuition refund deadline for spring quarter. Withdraw from your class(es) by this day and you will receive 100% of your tuition back.
You can withdraw online via your MyWCC portal or in person at the registration office! Remember that withdrawing from classes my impact your financial aid! Check with an advisor or the financial aid office for more information.
To schedule an appointment with an advisor, call Entry & Advising at (360) 383-3080!
Heads-up! Know these important dates so you aren’t dropped from your classes due to non-payment:
- If you registered between February 29th and March 20th, tuition is due Monday March 21st.
- For registration from March 21st to March 30th, your tuition is due March 31st!
- If you register on or after March 31st, your tuition will be due day of registration.
Are you self paying and interested in a payment plan? Whatcom students can make college more affordable by paying for tuition and fees over time with WCC’s convenient tuition payment plan through Nelnet. Tuition payment plans break down your tuition balance into affordable monthly payments.
The earlier you sign up, the less money you have to put down and the more amount of payments your tuition will be spread out over. Enroll today!
Do you need to speak to an advisor? Contact Entry & Advising to make an appointment or inquire about drop-in times, at 360.383.3080.